Jan 4 2013
So 2012 has come and gone and I notice that I still have last years “Happy New Year” post on my page. Apparently I have only created enough posts in an entire year to push my first post of last year to the bottom of the page, not OFF the page or into the archives … just lower on the page.
Well, something has to change. And what better time for change, than a new year and renewed focus. But first, lets review the progress of my Bucket List for 2012:
- Play with the kids in the snow – DONE! and just under the wire too, as we visited Yosemite for New Years
Buy a Jeep– Sadly, no. I did get a new car though, but a sedan commuter type things. Hardly offroad worthy. Publish a book– Nope.
- Participate in NaNoWiMo – Yes! But not as succesfully as I had hoped. I did learn a LOT this year though and will likely carry this one over.
Go backpacking– No, but we did go day camping. I won’t quite count it though.
- Launch new site – Done! Launched the new site to varying levels of success. Reader ship is steady, content is still sparse though.
Host a panel at a con– I did not get a chance to host a panel, but did go to Comic Con again after so many years away.
- Take up archery – No, but I did take up airsoft. I consider it an acceptable alternative.
Learn an instrument– Sadly no, but this might also be a carry over.
- Make InkTank Studios profitable – Done! With donations, ad revenue and other projects InkTank Studios was able to make a profit this year. =)
So I’m at 5/10 for 2012. Not too bad, I guess. Let’s see what’s on the list for 2013!
2013 Bucket List
- Start a Podcast – of…something. Geek news?
- Help the girls make thier own movie – learn movie making and do a project with the girls
- Upload at LEAST one post a week – YES! Use the blog here even more. Even if it’s just a little thing.
- Buy a new computer – It’s been eight years since I got my Falcon rig and while still running strong, an upgrade might be in order.
- Upload the entire comic archive – I have been dreading the work this will take, but it’s time to hunker down.
- Vacation in Scottland – Ach, it’d be a doon befora tae git ‘ere an takea jammy dodger.
- Set aside regular drawing time – A regular schedule of sketching, drawing, trying new things.
- Get down to 180 lbs. – Your standard, run of the mill weight loss goal. Mostly get my belly down.
- Participate in NaNoWiMo – Be better prepared and actually shoot for the goal instead of just “feel around”.
- Learn an instrument – Yep. This will be the year.
Ok 2013 … bring it bro!